Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Such a great weekend!

We had such a great weekend at the lake. Steve, Michele, and Kirsha were able to go with us. The guys got off early on Friday and we headed over as soon as we could. I think we were on the road by 1:30. We only got stuck in a little bit of traffic in Bellevue. Once we got over to the lake and got settled we went out for a golf cart ride. While going by the manager's trailer we found out that they were going to be showing a movie, Camp Rock, complete with popcorn and snow cones. Once it was time for the movie we took our chairs over by the pump house where they had set up the big screen. It was so much fun. Unfortunately Jaden didn't want to sit still, too much to see you know, and Seann had to take him back to the trailer. We didn't want to bother those trying to watch the movie. I took Acacia back after a bit as she was getting tired.
Saturday they put on a Carnival for the kids. They had a big inflatable water slide. Jaden tried it but then got scared because of too many big kids in there. So we went over and did the bean bag toss, fishing and face painting. Jaden was excited when he "caught" a car. We're not sure why but he kept calling it his birthday car.

Here he is fishing for his car.
We were waiting in line to get our faces painted but it was going pretty slow and there were a lot of little kids waiting. So we decided on a tattoo instead. We got Jaden a motorcycle. After they put it on him he said "take it off". He warmed up to it after a while.

Here he is with his "birthday car" and tattoo. Such a cutie. We also got bubbles, popcorn, plastic lei's, and glow in the dark necklaces. It was a great time. They did such a good job putting it all on for the kids. They have never done this in the past and I think it was such a hit that it will be come a regular thing.

Aren't they the cutest?! She had a great time watching the kids and all the excitement

Don't they look good?! I love this picture of them. I'm so glad they were able to come with us.

Saturday evening they traditionally put on a dance and this year was no different. I took them down to see what it was all about. You can't come to the lake on a holiday weekend and not experience the dance. It just happened when we got down there they were playing Steve and Michele's song so they went out to dance the rest of the song. Kirsha went out with Jaden and danced the next song. They tried to get me out there but you all know I don't dance so I just had a good time watching them. Next came "YMCA" and of course Michele had to stay and dance to that one! LOL! Steve and Kirsha danced it for a little while and then snuck out. Two young guys asked Michele if her partner had left. She said yes and they asked if she wanted to dance with them. So she finished the song out with them. What a hoot! After that we headed back up to the trailer. Once the dance gets about an hour in the little kids start going to bed and it just becomes a lot of drinking and dancing so we left before that got in full swing.

Sunday unfortunately they had to leave but we did get to do the Poker Walk before they left. Jaden and Seann chauffeured us around in the golf cart from one place to the next. What you do is at the starting trailer you pick a card and they write it down on your sheet. Then you head to the next trailer on the list, pick a card, they write it down. And so on until you end up back at the starting trailer to pick your last card. At the end they take all the sheets and see who has the top two hands and who has the lowest hand. Each of the three get a percentage of the winnings. I think top prize was $75. I have no idea if I had a good hand or not as I've never played poker. I've done the poker walk a few times but have never won. I really don't even care if I win, it's just fun to play.

So after the Poker Walk they headed on their way. We had a relaxing afternoon, enjoying the sunshine. That night they were putting on another movie but after Jaden not making it very far in the first one we decided not to go.

It was a great weekend all around. They only thing that would have made it a little better is if the kids slept better. It was really windy at night and it scared Jaden. He didn't sleep well all weekend. But once we got home, not a peep out of him all night. He'll just have to get used to the wind over there. At least we weren't in a tent trailer! LOL!!

Well that's about enough rambling for today but I did want to let you know that we officially have a crawler now. She figured it out this weekend and is now "off and running". She's getting pretty quick and is quite proud of herself.

No comments: