Tuesday, August 26, 2008

If you don't open this, I'll figure out how

It just seems like she's saying "Mom, if you don't open this, I'll figure out how". LOL

She's getting kind of big for her swing huh? Well she's now moving up in the baby food options. She has now moved on to puffs. She loves them! The other day I had her in the high chair next to me and had put a few of them on the tray.... she was shoveling them in 2-3 at a time! Now she keeps eyeing our food!

This weekend went pretty fast. Saturday we had our 8th Annual School Supply Giveaway for church. We had about 150 kids come and were able to bless them with a start at some school supplies. We had planned on getting more kids so we ended up with a little left over. But that's ok because now we have a head start on next year. Melissa came and helped watch Jaden, which was a big help. I wanted him to be there and be a part of it but I knew that with me helping Katy to pass out the supplies and Seann grilling the hot dogs it would be a challange. So she came and helped out taking quite a load off our minds. He had such a good time too! Helping the big kids "wash" the cars. I say "wash" because pretty much he was playing in the bucket of soap. He was soaking wet! At one point I looked at him and he had bubbles clear up to his armpits. And a HUGE smile on his face to match.

Then Sunday after church, Acacia and I went over to the Trapps for Kaley's birthday party. It was themed to the Olympics. Katy had made shirts with their names and the Olympic rings on their backs. They were put into teams and given fabric markers. They had to come up with a country name, logo, and anthem. My favorite was Kirsha and Kaley's. They were Normainia and took Jessie's stepdad Norm (who was in town with her mom visiting from Kansas) as their mascot. Kaley even drew a good picture of Norm on their shirts. (She's getting to be quite the artist) All night we keep hearing "Go Norm!" or "Norm rocks!". He was getting quite the kick out of it. So after the designing they all went down and played some Olympic sports on the Wii. I believe bowling was first. After the first game we stopped for cupcakes, presents, and the award ceremony. It was quite funny. Katy had gotten them "medals" at the dollar store. After that they went down for the next game. I'm not sure how long their games went on. I left at about 10:30ish and they were still going strong! Katy sure did a great job on planning this party! She's so creative.

Well I must end this long post now because it is time to start getting things ready for the long weekend. We are headed over to the lake and the Kreitels are going with us!! We are so excited for them to come along. So I'm off to make my shopping list and head out to the store. Hopefully we'll get home before the naptime meltdown starts! LOL They are both really good shoppers but when it's naptime....it's naptime.

Later!

No comments: