Here's a project I started this month at Sassy Scrappers. We've always had issues about who's turn it was to go to the store with Mommy or Daddy. (And Mommy and Daddy usually forget who went last time.) So in an effort to make things fair I came up with this system. I found pictures of each of us and cut our faces out of them. Then I created paper dolls of each of us that I attached our faces to. (I did two sets of each kid.) I covered them with contact paper to extend the life of them and put magnets on the back of them. So the idea is that under each of us there is a set of kids. The first person, as in the case of Seann's side in the picture is Jaden, is the next one to go with Seann. Then his figure is moved to the last position and it shows that the next time it's Acacia's turn to go with Daddy. It will be a great visual for kids as to who's turn it is. (And if whoever's turn it is happens to have a get in trouble or chose not to go that time, then we'll just swap them with who went in their place.)
This is my next project. It's the sewing table that used to belong to my Grandma. However it has some damage. When Seann and I used to have a dog (Mokie), he got to it one day while we were at work and chewed on the legs of the table. It also has some dings and nicks here and there. So I've decided to fix it up. I am filling the dings and nicks and repairing the spots that Mokie chewed on the legs. Then my plan is to take off the hardware, and paint the whole thing black. I'm hoping this will spiff up the piece. (Yes I know....black....I've really been on a kick lately to paint things black.....picture frames, storage boxes, etc.) So as soon as this project is done I'll post pictures of the final product.
No comments:
Post a Comment