Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Design to Wall Shelves


I am soo much happier with this new design to the wall shelves in our living room. For a while I've had our wedding things up there but I had grown tired of it. There was a lot going on and I decided that it needed to change. De-clutter and simplify. Now I have some new things up there and things that I truly love.


Top Shelf: I saw these letters when a friend of mine brought them to Sassy Scrappers one night. I instantly decided I wanted a set of them. She had gotten them at Big Lots. So as soon as I was able to I ran out there (thinking they wouldn't have them anymore) and was excited to see they still had some. I primed them and painted them black. I knew I wanted them on a shelf but they wouldn't stand up on their own. So I went to Home Depot and picked up two pieces of wood. One for them to sit on and then a smaller piece to support the standing letters. Especially the O that wouldn't have too much in contact with the bottom piece. After I painted them Seann attached all the pieces together for me. I just love how it looks up there!


Middle Shelf: I have a few scrapbooks laying down with a wood block that I had made for Seann. There is a wedding book, the ABC book Melissa made for Jaden, and Jaden's "First Year" book. All of the sides of the block are covered with a different scrapbook page so we can rotate it whenever the mood strikes us. Next is a special piece to me. This is my Willow Tree Mom holding a baby. I wanted one of these for so long and when we found out we were pregnant with Jaden I had to have it. Then there is a couple of pictures of Seann and I at Disney World that I had made for him. I made it out of an old children's book that had seen better days. (No not one of my kids books, although that would work, I actually got it at the Goodwill) Then there is my laser cut metal piece that says DREAM. Positioned behind this is the Willow Tree figurine of a couple holding a baby. (Another one we got when we found out we were pregnant.) This is to remind me to never let go of my dreams. We had a dream for 8 long years of having a baby. It reminds me to DREAM BIG. One the far side are a few more little scrapbooks and flip books.

Bottom shelf: On the bottom shelf is a green lumiere that says ENJOY LIFE. Another great reminder. Then there is a Willow Tree figurine of a Daddy holding a baby. (Yup another one we got after finding out we were pregnant.) Next to that is a picture of my in-laws and brother-in-law. Christian (brother-in-law) gave us the picture and frame for Christmas. It was originally in a wood frame. But since I'm on a black kick....you guessed it. I spray painted it black. Much better! Then I have another laser cut metal sign that says LOVE. And lastly there is another lumiere, this time red. And it says BELIEVE. It kind of has a Christmas feel to it. It reminds me of part of the story of Jesus' birth. Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she (Mary) who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" That gets me every time. She didn't believe because she saw it happen or that it had even happened yet. She believed at the moment that she hear it, that the Lord said it would happen. She was blessed because she believed! How wonderful is that?!









No comments: