Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back Online!! Woo Hooo!!

Thursday morning the wireless card in my laptop decided it was no longer going to work. We tried several things and then realized it was a common thing that has happened with laptops like mine. So we had two options: Send my laptop in for repair and be without it for 2 weeks OR buy a wireless card for it. We thought about it over the weekend and I decided I didn't want to be without my computer that long. Since a wireless card was not that expensive we decided to go that route. So after Seann got off work today we went out and got one. I am quite happy about this.

A lot has gone on since my last post. I'll tell you more tomorrow about this weekend but short version, we had a great time. I love to go to Blue Lake. Seann, Acacia and I went over on Thursday night after Seann got off work. Mom and Dad had Jaden for the night and headed over Friday night after picking Melissa up after work. It was nice to have some quiet alone time before they got there. Seann and I were able to relax, enjoy our time with Acacia and even had time to sit down and talk. We stayed until Monday afternoon and headed back home with Acacia and Melissa. Then Mom and Dad brought Jaden back with them this afternoon when they came home. The traffic on the way home was just what we would expect for a holiday weekend. We slowed down about 10 minutes outside of Ellensburg and were crawling / stop-and-go for about an hour and a half. Once we got to the pass it picked up and after that it was no problem.

Melissa had a great time bonding with the kids this weekend. She and Jaden now have a little game where she says "Don't look at Auntie" and he says "Don't" and sneaks a peek at her. This cracks him up. They did this all weekend, it was quite cute. Acacia and Melissa had a lot of snuggle time and even took a nap together on the couch one afternoon. Melissa feed Acacia some banana baby food and had fun with that. Acacia is starting to get the hang of it and doesn't spit that much out anymore.

The kids had doctor appointments on Thursday afternoon. Jaden checked out a-ok and is doing well. Thankfully he didn't have shots this time. No more shots for him until he's 4. Acacia has been following her own little curve since she was born. This time she has fallen off of it a little on her weight and head circumference. Her height was good though. She now weighs 13 pounds. The doctor wants to try a new approach with bulking her up. We had been trying to give her rice cereal mixed with formula but she wasn't really liking that. She'd look at us like "what are you putting in my mouth". So we decided to start giving her some of the sweet first foods like bananas and sweet potatoes. If she likes those then we'll start mixing the rice cereal in with that to help give her the extra calories she needs. So far the banana is working so we'll see how she does with that.

Well off to do a few more things before bed tonight. Mom is coming to watch the kids tomorrow afternoon so I can go to ladies group. I'll try to post more about our weekend tomorrow. For now here's a picture from this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute picture. I can't believe how good his outfits fits him. It looked so big when i bought it. Auntie

Anonymous said...

Awww...my buddy! What a fun weekend we had all together. Can't wait for summer for more Auntie bonding time!